HiI am a pensioner over 60 with no incom...

Asked by versitrade on 21-06-2018 09:45:24
Question posted in the Divorce Law category relating to Gauteng
Question value: R 0.00


I am a pensioner over 60 with no income and in June 2016 my wife left the common home after an arguement. She did not come home sometimes as well as came home late on various occassions. We did meet a week later and decided to see a Family Pshycologist and sort our problems out and the a Family Councilor . After 2 consultations , I found out she was not attending these sessions anymore. I asked her what the problem was. After 2 weeks she arranged a meeting to inform me that she has no more feelings for me. She agreed that a simple divorce would suffice and that I should initiate this . When the simple Combined summons were drafted and sent , she then turned around and consulted a lawyer . The summons was simple : 1) Agreement on division of  property and assets as per Antinaptual contracts . An amount of R 75000-00 for possible bond payments by spouse to be paid. She then indicated that she had paid a sum of +- R 200 000 of which I verified as incorrect by payments on Bank Statements. We have reached stalemate since Jan 2017. She also offered to purchase the home for R 499 000. The home is worth R 1 800 000. 

I am desperate need of advice

Thank you

Ask your OWN Legal Question!

If you would like to view the entire answer, you will need to either login or register a FREE account.


DISCLAIMER: Advice or answers from Lawyers on SA Legal Advice are not substitutes for the proper advice of an Lawyer. SA Legal Advice is a public forum and questions and responses are not private or confidential or protected by the attorney-client privilege. The Lawyer who assists with your question is not your Lawyer, and the response above is not to be considered to be legal advice. You should not read this response to propose specific action or address specific circumstances, but only to give you a sense of general principles of law that might affect the situation you describe. Application of these general principles to particular circumstances must be done by a lawyer who has spoken with you in confidence, learned all relevant information, and explored various options. Before acting on these general principles, you should hire a lawyer licensed to practice law in the jurisdiction to which your question pertains. The responses above are from individual Lawyers, not SA Legal Advice. The site and services are provided “as is”. This site is not for emergency questions which should be directed immediately by telephone or in-person to qualified professionals. Please carefully read the Terms of Service.